The Assistant Manager supports the store Manager in all operations and assuring the financial
excellence of their store. The Assistant Manager assists the Store Manager in having an impact on
the revenue and long-term viability of the company by leading a team, exceeding customer
expectations, and ensuring sales and profit growth. The Assistant Manager facilitates the
operations of the store in the absence of the Manager.
OPERATIONS (supports the Manager in the following):
• Plans and organizes daily work schedules based on staffing changes.
• Delegates duties to associates and follows up to ensure thorough execution.
• Reviews sales and payroll reports to identify trends and track if store is meeting/exceeding
monthly/annual goals, daily.
• Creates store displays to reflect seasonal and holiday trends.
• Creates monthly displays to reflect product specials.
• Ensures proper execution of company wide sales and seasonal programs to attract new
customers to meet monthly/annual sales goals.
• Conducts and delegates daily/weekly ordering of inventory.
• Resolves customer complaints, investigates problems, and identifies solutions.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, new and
existing products, trends, etc., monthly.
• Ensures proper receipt of product weekly and identifies discrepancies to guarantee correct
• Reviews “negative on hand” report and verifies inventory to ensure accuracy, on a weekly
• Participates in regular weekly/bi-weekly conference call with managers and key associates,
relating important details to local associates.
• Conducts associate meetings to review store operations, safety issues, and goals/targets
• Regularly communicates with A/R dept. regarding local customers terms and payments.
• Assists in the rollout of new company programs, policies and procedures, as requested.
• Visits and communicates regularly with customers to understand business and support with
merchandising needs. • Maintains confidentiality of customer information, 100% of the time.
• Makes minimum of 20 outbound calls per week to create add-on or new sales.
• Checks orders for drivers and creates invoices prior to deliveries, 100% of the time.
• Double checks orders after product is picked, as needed.
TEAM (supports the Manager in the following):
• Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect.
• Delegates duties to employees and follows up to ensure thorough execution.
• Corresponds with customers, corporate, and team through face-to-face meetings and email
• Ensures store is staffed for excellence.
• Recruits and interviews employees, as needed.
• Effectively trains and develops employees.
• Creates and maintains an open-door inclusive policy with employees as evidenced by
• Communicates expectations to the team in a humble, clear, and detailed manner.
• Meets with employees to review strengths and areas of opportunity on a quarterly basis.
• Communicates operational changes to employees.
• Supports and assists team members, as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time.
• Ensures 100% compliance with all employment laws, company policies, guidelines and
procedures and partners with leadership, as needed.
• Acts as role model for the team.
• Brings problems to the attention of the Chief of Company Operations/General Manager
within 24 hours; is willing to ask for help.
• Reports harassment and/or discrimination issues via email/telephone within eight hours to
• Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
• Strong verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to
others who should be kept informed.
• Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and
takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
• Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
• Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
• Prioritizes responsibilities to achieve results.
• Forms strong working relationships within team.
• Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
• Willing to learn.
• Exhibits initiative.
• Strong computer and excel skills, required.
• Minimum two (2)+ years of business and wholesale experience, required.
• Minimum two (2)+ years of management experience, preferred.
• Minimum one (1)+ year of floral industry experience, preferred.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 35 pounds